Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Simile and Metaphor

Simile- Simile is a type of form of describing and relating two things together with a form of relationship using the words 'like', or 'as'. Simile stresses a situation, expression, or description to an extent of familiarity and knowledge. Simile is using a relationship of two objects and boldly giving its relationship.
Simile is an important part of writing as it stresses a description or situation so that the reader can image the scene in their heads and to give the reader a sense of how significant the quality is. Simile is seen everywhere and its importance is always underestimated.

"That was just your life"
By: Metallica


Like a siren in my head that always threatens to repeat,
Like a blind man that is strapped into the speeding driver's seat,
Like a face that learned to speak, when all it knew was how to fight,
Like a misery that keeps me though I've gone astray
Like an endless nightmare I must awaken from each day

Contradiction,
A premonition,
Not worthy of, so I deny
I deny.

I blind my eyes and try to force it all into place,
I stitch them up, see not my fall from grace.
I blind my eyes, I hide and feel it passing me by
I open just in time to say goodbye.

Almost like your life,
Almost like your endless fight,
Cursed, the day is long,
Realize you don't belong,
Disconnect somehow,
Never stop the bleeding now
Almost like your fight,
And there it went,
Almost like your life.


[Solo]


Like a wound that keeps on bleeding to remind me not to think,
Like a raging river, drowning when i only need a drink,
Like a poison that i swallow, but i want the world to die.

Like a release from a prison that i didn't know i was in,
Like a fight to live the past I prayed to leave from way back when
Like a general without a mission until the wars start again,
Start again.

I blind my eyes and try and force it all into place,
I stitch them up, see not my fall from grace.
I blind my eyes, I hide and feel it passing me by
I open just in time to say goodbye.

Almost like your life,
Almost like your endless fight,
Cursed, the day is long,
Realize you don't belong,
Disconnect somehow,
Never stop the bleeding now
Almost like your fight,
And there it went,
Almost like your life.


[Solo]


Like a touch from hell,
I feel how hot that it can get if you get caught,
Like a strike from heaven that turns that key,
That brings you straight down to your knees,
Like a touch from hell,
I feel how hot that it can get if i get caught,
Like a strike from heaven to reprieve,
That brings you straight down to your knees.

Almost like your life,
Almost like your endless fight,
Cursed, the day is long,
Realize you don't belong,
Disconnect somehow,
Never stop the bleeding now

Almost like your fight,
And there it went,
Almost like your life.
That was just your life.


Tone: The tone of this piece feels to me like ignorance, anger, rage, and devastation.
Mood: The mood of this piece feels to me like pity, sadness, and nervous.
Meaning: the meaning of this song is that the main character is addicted with drugs and he describes his feelings with his drug addiction. He falls to his knees in grace, and his life was ending and falling away from him.



Metaphor- Metaphor is a type of literary speech that is a word, phrase, or thing that shows two things that are not alike are in most ways similar or relateable without using the words 'like' or 'as'. As difficult as it sounds it is possible.
Metaphor is an important part or writing as it insinuates that a person is that related thing. Metaphor is usually used as an insult since there are bad sides to an object that can insult or offend people. Metaphor is kind of rare figurative language but it boldly gets the message across.

"I'm already there"
By: Lonestar

He called her on the road
From a lonely cold hotel room
Just to hear her say I love you one more time
But when he heard the sound 
Of the kids laughing in the background
He had to wipe away a tear from his eye
A little voice came on the phone
Said "Daddy when you coming home"
He said the first thing that came to his mind

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there

She got back on the phone
Said I really miss you darling
Don't worry about the kids they'll be alright
Wish I was in your arms
Lying right there beside you
But I know that I'll be in your dreams tonight
And I'll gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my fingertips
So turn out the light and close your eyes

I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the beat in your heart
I'm the moonlight shining down
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there

We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I'm already there
Oh I'm already
There

Tone: The tone of this piece was desperation and angest
Mood: The mood of this piece was pity and remorse.
Meaning: The meaning of this piece was about a military man who was about to go over seas calls his wife and children to say good bye one last time to give them peace in case he dies during his serving. He gives them reassurence that if something did happen to him that he would be there in their dreams and in their hearts. And he died and fufilled his promise, he is with them in spirit and he helps them in their sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment